- Sale by Modern Auction (T&Cs apply)
- Subject to an undisclosed Reserve Price
- Buyers fees apply
- Stunning six bedroom family home tucked away in the heart of a well established village.
- Light and airy living room with log burner
- **NO ONWARD CHAIN**
- Private driveway with parking for several cars
- Wonderful private south facing rear garden
This property is offered through Modern Method of Auction. Should you view, offer or bid your data will be shared with the Auctioneer, iamsold Limited. This method requires both parties to complete the transaction within 56 days, allowing buyers to proceed with mortgage finance (subject to lending criteria, affordability and survey). The buyer is required to sign a reservation agreement and make payment of a non-refundable Reservation Fee of 4.2% of the purchase price including VAT, subject to a minimum of £6,000.00 including VAT. This fee is paid in addition to purchase price and will be considered as part of the chargeable consideration for the property in the calculation for stamp duty liability. Buyers will be required to complete an identification process with iamsold and provide proof of how the purchase would be funded. The property has a Buyer Information Pack containing documents about the property. The documents may not tell you everything you need to know, so you must complete your own due diligence before bidding. A sample of the Reservation Agreement and terms and conditions are contained within this pack. The buyer will also make payment of £300 inc VAT towards the preparation cost of the pack. The estate agent and auctioneer may recommend the services of other providers to you, in which they will be paid for the referral. These services are optional, and you will be advised of any payment, in writing before any services are accepted. Listing is subject to a start price and undisclosed reserve price that can change.
History Of Tiltwood Estate
Tiltwood House is part of a large 15 bedroom Estate built in the late Victorian era by George Emmanuelle Scaramanga. The name "Scaramanga" may be familiar to you as the villain in Ian Fleming's ... "The Man With the Golden Gun" ... Also a movie! It is alleged that Ian Fleming went to Eton with George Ambrose Scaramanga (part of the Scaramanga family) and had a falling out. Apparently Ian Fleming used the name of Scaramanga for his villain as a way of taking revenge.
Crawley Down Village is situated in the North East of West Sussex close to East Grinstead. It is convenient for access to the M23 and East Grinstead or Three Bridges Mainline railway stations. Tiltwood house is a short walk from the Village centre which has a variety of sole traders and convenience stores as well as the restaurant The Carriage at Station Road. There is also a doctors surgery and pharmacy and well regarded primary school. There is also a linear country park called The Worth Way which runs between Crawley and East Ginstead. This is a haven for wildlife and a popular walking and cycling track.
15' 11" max x 26' 9" max ( 4.85m max x 8.15m max )
28' 10" max x 17' 4" max ( 8.79m max x 5.28m max )
14' 9" max x 7' 11" max ( 4.50m max x 2.41m max )
19' 8" max x 18' max ( 5.99m max x 5.49m max )
20' 8" max x 20' 8" max ( 6.30m max x 6.30m max )
11' 6" max x 16' 1" max ( 3.51m max x 4.90m max )
12' 1" max x 12' 1" max ( 3.68m max x 3.68m max )
15' 11" max x 13' 1" max ( 4.85m max x 3.99m max )
9' 7" max x 10' 2" max ( 2.92m max x 3.10m max )
Lower Ground Floor
While every reasonable effort is made to ensure the accuracy of descriptions and content, we should make you aware of the following guidance or limitations.
(1) MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
(2) These particulars do not constitute part or all of an offer or contract.
(3) The measurements indicated are supplied for guidance only and as such must be considered incorrect.
(4) Potential buyers are advised to recheck the measurements before committing to any expense.
(5) Connells has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and it is the buyers interests to check the working condition of any appliances.
(6) Connells has not sought to verify the legal title of the property and the buyers must obtain verification from their solicitor.
- AVAILABLE SOON
- REGISTER YOUR INTEREST
- 6 Bedrooms