3rd Line Helpdesk Analyst
UP TO £35,000 Basic Salary (Depending on experience) - Career Progression
A 3rd Line Analyst position based in a Leighton Buzzard working for a busy internal IT support function.
- Provide 3rd line support for the Helpdesk, resolving desktop and server related issues within SLA targets
- Review and implement Service Packs / Updates to key applications / operating systems
- Enhance skills / knowledge within 1st/2nd line team offering advice / training where applicable
- Update and maintain knowledge base of PC / server related articles
- Perform proactive maintenance of PCs / servers as required
- Manage and maintain web and email filtering solutions, MDM software and Skype / Telephony
- Assist in the management of all areas of the Active Directory domain
- Maintain builds for server / desktop / laptop
- Minimize the risk of security breaches within the PC / Server environment (via Anti Virus, patching, domain policies, server hardening etc)
- Maintain the application deployment mechanism for PCs / Servers (SCCM)
- Be able to cover other roles within the team during periods of holidays / sickness
- Keep up to date with the latest developments within IT
Job Scope / other details:
- Lavells House, Leighton Buzzard
- National travel required occasional when required by role
- Working Hours
- Early and late shifts (08:00-16:30 / 09:30 – 18:00) required on a rota basis.
- Saturday morning shift (overtime) required approximately once every 6 weeks (rota). Bank Holiday cover also provided on the same basis.
- On-call shift required approximately once every 5-6 weeks on a rota basis. Covers weekday evenings from 6pm to 11pm and weekends and Bank Holidays from 8am to 4pm.
- Out of hours work required when needed
General Background and Experience:
- Good team player
- Able to work under own initiative
- Able to interact well with both business and technical resources at all levels
- Takes ownership of issues and sees them through to resolution
- Logical approach
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- At least 1 industry standard full qualification (Microsoft/Cisco) or evidence that you’re working towards obtaining the qualification (exams passed).