Estate Agency Compliance Controller
Competitive Basic Salary (Depending On Experience) – Development Opportunities
Connells Estate Agents are part of The Connells Group, one of the largest and most successful estate agency and property services providers in the UK. Founded in 1936 and with a network of over 580 branches nationwide, the Group combines residential sales and lettings expertise with a range of services including new homes, mortgage services, surveying and more!
Estate Agency is a fast moving profession and you will be joining us at an exciting time where significant industry changes are on the horizon. The EA Compliance department is part of the wider Risk & Compliance Department and handles complaints and issues on behalf of the Connells Group of companies. We are currently looking for a Compliance Controller to join our team. Your role is to investigate and respond to complaints in line with estate agency legislation and The Property Ombudsman best practice guidance and to provide support to our Group Estate Agents. This is a challenging yet enjoyable role with an established and supportive team and you will receive a comprehensive Induction programme on arrival, ongoing mentoring and the opportunity to take industry qualifications.
Role summary and key requirements:
- Knowledge of the estate agency industry and importantly the desire to develop by undertaking further study to achieve professional qualification as part of your career progression which will be fully supported by the department.
- The ability to assess a complaint empathetically, extract relevant detail and review information obtained from the files and IT systems to enable you to undertake a thorough investigation. You will then write up the complaint response in excellent business English to form a comprehensive, impartial and empathetic response to ensure fair outcomes for our complainant and the company.
- You will need to be able to manage your time effectively to ensure complaint timescales are met.
- This role also includes providing advice and support to the Group estate agents in their day to day duties and this part of the role will be fully supported and appropriate to your level of experience.
- You will be liaising with all levels of estate agency staff in the Group and also at head office in this role so a confident and measured approach to communication is essential.
- You will have the desire to work as an integral and important part of a small hardworking team where your personal skills as well as your industry knowledge will be valued and encouraged.