Land Manager - Estate Agency
Competitive Basic Salary - £60,000 - £80,000 on Target Earnings (Uncapped Commission) – Company Car or Allowance
- Land and the generation of land and new homes income throughout your area
- To generate revenue for the Company and to operate profitably in accordance with the agreed budgets.
- To generate fee income on the acquisition of land on behalf of all sectors of the development industry.
- To generate fee income on the disposal of land on behalf of land owners of the private and public sector.
- Secure new homes sales instructions from the developer industry at advantageous and profitable terms in line with the Company requirements.
- To ensure that the legislative measures affecting Estate Agency, Financial Services and Health and Safety at Work are fully complied with.
- To create an excellent working relationship with a broad number of developers, land owners and influential people to maximise the Company’s position.
- Managing and controlling the costings within approved budget levels.
- Identify land development opportunities and make contact with the land owners in order to secure instructions to dispose of the land on the owners behalf.
- Identification of short and medium term land opportunities and secure options on behalf of favoured developer clients.
- Continual awareness of development opportunities through Local Authorities, commercial organisations, developers, commercial/residential agencies and any other professional bodies.
- To be aware of any major development opportunities outside the existing confines of your Area or the Company’s operation which could result in land fee or new homes sales income.
- To be aware of, by reference to all local / national press material, council minutes and changes in local government policy, identify land and new homes opportunities for the Company.
- When introducing land to potential purchasers agree terms in advance in respect to acquisition fees as well as sales agency terms which should also include the condition of ‘Successors in Title.’
- To promote the services of the Land Division to local government offices, professional bodies etc., where a source of income would emanate.
- Liaise with Area Directors and inform them of specific new homes opportunities and agree action to secure a profitable agency agreement.
- Attend area and land and new homes meetings when appropriate to discuss potential development opportunities and update Area Directors/Branch Partners and Managers of potential instructions and sites under investigation.
- Inform Area Directors of any adverse comments received from the developer industry where Connell are instructed, in order that resultant action can be taken to protect the Company’s new homes instructions and achieve the developer’s standards of performance.
- To ensure that through appropriate training, examination, audits and reinforcement meetings that the legislative measures affecting Estate Agency, Financial Services and Health and Safety at Work are fully complied with.
- To engender, at every level within the area, an understanding and acceptance of the positive impact that high levels of customer care and professional behaviour have on the continuing success of the land and new homes team.
- To ensure the use of first class brochure material, both in display terms and specific promotional material, is used to uphold the professional images of Connells.
- Maintain tight control over all expenditure, applying where necessary, and such cost reductions as might be required to minimise losses or maintain budgeted profitability.
Interested to know more? Email