Senior PR Executive / Manager, Connells Group Press Office
Competitive Basic Salary
Connells Group is one of the UK’s largest and most successful estate agency and property services groups. We are seeking a self-motivated and highly organised Senior PR Executive/ PR Manager to join our communications team based in Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire.
About the role:
Supporting the PR & Communications team, candidates should ideally be educated to degree level and have previous experience in PR / internal communications. This is a varied role, assisting with the day to day running of the press office, but with a focus on internal communications promoting the achievements of the business and its employees internally and externally.
You will play a key role in engaging and informing our employees by developing a communications plan to meet our business priorities and diverse audience needs across a number of communications channels, including ownership of the business’s monthly newsletter. You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be adept at juggling priorities, meeting tight deadlines and liaising effectively with all levels of people.
- Excellent communication skills, with an understanding of the channels and tools to deliver the right messages to the right audience
- Creative, brimming with ideas to create compelling content
- Meticulous, well organised and calm under pressure
- An outgoing personality and a good deal of patience and persistence
- Enthusiastic, proactive, self-motivated and team orientated
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills
- Strong interpersonal skills – good at relationship-building
- Familiarity with public relations principles and best practices
- Commitment to hit the ground running is essential
Duties and responsibilities:
- Working with the Group PR Partner and key stakeholders to shape and develop the communications strategy
- Maintaining the communications strategy to inform, engage and inspire our people
- Collaborating with teams across the business to ensure alignment of messaging and to create consistent engaging and informative content
- Write, edit, proof read and upload content for a variety of channels across websites, social media, intranet and internal publications ensuring consistency with brand guidelines, style and tone of voice
- Provide support to the PR team during peaks of work or a crisis
- Act as a point of contact for media and assisting with any journalist requests
Experience & Skills:
- Ideally educated to degree level and have at least three years’ experience in PR
- High standard of written and spoken English
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- Photoshop, InDesign and experience of using CMS platforms would be advantageous
- Some knowledge of the property industry would be desirable.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your CV and a covering letter to