Payroll Team Leader
£25,000 - £28,000 Basic Salary (Depending on experience) – Career Progression
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Supervise the accurate entry of data onto Resourcelink; including starters, leavers and change of details.
- Actively assist in the chasing of employees for missing paperwork/outstanding information to ensure that cut offs are met. Providing an escalation point, if the administrators are not able to achieve the deadlines required.
- Ensure that all keyed data is added to the checking box so that the payroll data can be checked by the Group Payroll Manager.
- Support and offer guidance in the processing of absences through use of the “Leave Planner” and ensure that the correct calculation of Statutory Sick Pay is applied.
- Check correspondence that has been prepared by administrators. Particularly that which is due to be issued to employees who have applied for other types of statutory leave, ensuring their understanding and that all legislative requirements have been met.
- Check the accuracy of variable data when performing temporary element loads input for commissions, bonuses and overtime and ensuring that this is in line with the monthly timetable.
- Ensure that attachment of earnings orders are processed accurately through the payroll to ensure that the correct deductions are made from employees’ salaries and paid over to the third parties in a timely fashion.
- Ensuring awareness of internal and external audit items that are raised when auditors have been in, to ensure that you are aware of any process changes or rules. This may require you to present information to your team, to ensure that they are up to date as well.
- Ensure that responses to references are provided accurately, appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Assist in the answering of general payroll queries by telephone, email and/or letter in a polite, professional and timely fashion and provide an escalation point for the queries that are more complicated or cannot be resolved by the administrators.
- Perform monthly reconciliations of PAYE and pension payments.
- Process RTI returns to HMRC on a monthly basis and ensure payments are made accurately and on time
- 3+ Years payroll experience, preferably with previous line management experience.
- Previous experience of using Resourcelink advantageous.
- Excellent attention to detail
- A leader who can invoke a comfortable “team player” environment, with team members keen to work together and take part in discussions, with a flow of information coming to you that you can then feed back to the Group Payroll Manager.
- Able to communicate using written media, to explain difficult scenarios, address overpayments or deliver difficult responses. (With a high level of spelling and grammatical accuracy).
- Eager to expand your knowledge or suggest improvements to processes where you can and encourage these from your team.
- An excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office (excel/outlook/word)
- Able to organise your team and yourself to work under pressure and to strict deadlines